"Just had to write and tell you that Gordon Stobbe was an AMAZING adjudicator with both family and fiddle classes. I think he was the best adjudicator I have ever witnessed in all my years at festivals! The kids left so positive and energized and smiling. He was fantastic at talking to the kids in a way they could understand and be energized by. I hope you will get him again in future. A huge success! I heard similar comments from other parents. Kudos to you for having such a fabulous adjudicator!" - sent to the Executive Director of the NS Kiwanis Music Festival "I have always admired your ability to dole out the right mix of encouragement and good advice. Your sincere interest in helping everybody to improve their playing is evident and certainly wins the respect of those you work with."
- Jack Sibley, fiddle instructor.
"I was sitting here this morning working and was entertained as CBC played your "Trans Canada Jig". As I was listening, it reminded me why it is important to our music camp to have you instruct ... you really represent Canadian Fiddle Music!"
-the Coast String Fiddler Association of B.C.
"I want to extend my gratitude and sincere 'Thank You' for all the help you have given me and all my students.
Your name is a legend around here." - Harold Anderson, Sask.
Gordon Stobbe has been teaching and conducting workshops for many years. He has developed his own teaching program and has been invited to teach for a number of workshop groups across Canada and the United States, including the Emma Lake Fiddle Camp in Saskatchewan; the Kootenay Fiddlers in Castlegar, B.C.; the Maritime Fiddler's Association; Fiddles on the Tobique Camp in New Brunswick; Fiddlefest Workshops, Smithers, B.C.; Fiddle 'Treat, Gavin Lake, B.C.; the Nova Scotia Music Educators Association; Fiddle Camp in Milaca, Minnesota; the Sunshine Coast Summer School of Celtic Music, Gibsons, B.C.; Norway House, Manitoba Fiddle Camp; Pond Inlet, Nunavet Workshops and the Yukon Music Camp, Whitehorse, Yukon.
Gordon is interested in the connection between traditional instrumental music and dance. In a workshop setting he is capable of addressing a variety of interests:
Gordon is a composer on fiddle and has worked with students in a master class situation to improve their playing and develop their compositional skills. He has a large fiddle music library, a large recording library and a comprehensive video library of Canadian Maritime fiddlers. He has written fiddle instructional books and transcription books which he uses with his students. These resources are now being used by fiddle teachers across Canada and the United States.
- Concert with JJ Guy and Cathy Sproule, The Bassment, Saskatoon, SK
June 6, 2017
- The Hills Are Alive, Elkwater , AB
June 8 - 11, 2017
- Concert with JJ Guy, Maple Creek, SK
June 11, 2017
- Fiddly Ness Fiddle Camp, Ness Creek, SK
July 3 - 7, 2017 July 9 - 14, 2017
- Calvin Vollrath Fiddle Camp, St. Paul, Alberta
July 16 - 20, 2017
- Fiddle 'Treat, (fiddle camp) Gavin Lake, B.C. - cancelled due to forest fires
July 22 - 27, 2017
- Nanaimo Fiddle Society Camp, Nanaimo, BC
July 31 - August 3, 2017
- concert with JJ Guy, The Roxy, Gabriola Island, BC
August 6, 2017, 7:30 pm
- John Arcand Fiddle Workshop and Festival, Saskatchewan
August 9 - 13, 2017
- Sunshine Coast Music Camp, Roberts Creek, BC
August 14 - 18, 2017
- Workshops, William's Lake, BC
September 12 - 16, 2017
- Workshops and Concert, Bella Coola, BC
September 21- 24, 2017
- Fiddle workshops and Jamboree, NT
September 26 - Oct 9, 2017
- concert and workshop tour with JJ Guy, YK - venues TBA
October 12 - 31, 2017
- Medicine Hat, AB
November 15 - 16, 2017
- Shivering Strings West Music Camp, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
January 19 - 21, 2018
- Shivering Strings Winnipeg , Manitoba
January 26 - 28, 2018
- Shivering Strings Calgary Music Camp, Calgary, AB
February 2 - 4, 2018 February 9 - 11, 2018